Friday, May 21, 2021

Accomplishments

I didn’t get to walk Friday before last; had a bout w/ kidney stones and the doc thought that I may have had appendicitis. Told me that flying to Missouri would not have been wise. Still, I’m proud of how far I’ve come. I’ll defend my dissertation in June and after that, I’ll start my next adventure as an osteopathic medical student. If you’d told that Black kid who was a freshman at New Caney High School in 1985 that he’d one day have a 12 year career as a university faculty member, finish a PhD at the University of Missouri in almost exactly three years, and earn a seat at a Texas medical school, he’d have laughed at you… At the time, I wasn’t sure that I’d do much more than play football and there were times when I didn’t think that I’d live past 24… #past #present #future #phd

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Unmasking Structural Racism in U.S." by Daryl O. Traylor et al.

"Unmasking Structural Racism in U.S." by Daryl O. Traylor, Eboni E. Anderson et al. : The COVID pandemic cast a harsh light on the...